Operations Manager – Supply Chain
Salary£65000.00 - £70000.00
Date Posted24 March, 2021
Are you an experienced supply chain professional with exceptional staff management experience?
Do you have excellent commercial acumen with the ability to build successful teams?
Would you like to work for a leading company with a fantastic career opportunity & remuneration package on offer?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a leading Irish business as they look to grow their supply chain management team. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a leading Irish business with a fantastic record at delivering exceptional customer service and providing opportunities for their workforce. A multi-award winning company that has the community and its people at the centre of all of their operations.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will be responsible for securing service excellence for our retailers, leading and developing teams, delivering a wide range of operational projects and ensuring business targets are met. Forming part of the management team, this role has a major focus on staff management, staff development and coaching / mentoring. It would be very well suited to an experienced people manager who loves to develop their workforce.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Work effectively with the management team.
- Assisting the Depot Manager in delivering the Depot targets.
- Lead a team and assist with the management of multiple teams in the depot.
- Leading out on your own development as well as that of your team.
- Contribute to introducing new initiatives and be influential in change management.
- Working using lean principles as a philosophy and supporting standardisation.
- Being 100% focused on Health & Safety.
- Resource Projection Planning in line with budgetary targets.
- Budgeting and KPI analysis and driving ongoing improvements.
- Supporting the ongoing achievement of accreditations.
- Build business relationships with retailers and monitor service levels so they are maintained and improved.
- Support and implement the delivery of the engagement framework through the engagement tools to create high performing teams, continuous improvement and a high performing culture
- A minimum of 5+ years in a high performing role within the FMCG industry or a similar role in an industry with a large supply chain network.
- Experience of managing in high volume/turnover business.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to adapt to working in multiple depots across the retail and wholesale Leinster network.
- Customer focused and driven.
- KPI generation and analysis.
- Ability to develop solutions in a fast-moving environment.
- An aptitude for analytics and a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to manage change and bring colleagues along the journey of change management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Appropriate qualification in Management and/or Business will be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player, strategic thinking and a leader of people. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have a consistent work methodology
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job