Personal Lines Account Handler
Salary£22000 - £22000
Date Posted09 November, 2021
Personal Lines Advisor
Abacus Group are working with a local Insurance Broker who are looking to add a Personal Lines Advisor to their Downpatrick office. The role has come around due to accelerated growth and with exciting plans over the next year you will be joining a firm with admirable vision to continue with their goals.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, sponsored personal & professional development opportunities
- Liaising with clients directly in the broking, processing and daily administration of new business, mid-term alterations and renewals.
- Working with business strategy and support the development plans for retention and growth of income.
- Provide complete professional insurance advice and service to existing clients
- Negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for client at the best price
- Ensure clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases through negotiating with insurers.
- Ensuring the adherence to New Business and Renewal timeline procedure
- Work closely with Account Executive on new business cases and renewals
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care, service, and client retention
- Liaise with Claims Department to gather information on clients claim history and impact this will have on future business.
- Create and update both computer and paper-based records.
- Carry out periodical reviews on systems and processes currently in place within own areas of responsibility to improve efficiency going forward
- Keep abreast of and assess the impact of external (such as legal and regulatory) changes as they relate to the role
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as the Board may request from time to time
- You will need to have at least 12 months prior experience working in an insurance environment.
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (including Maths & English);
- Open GI experience
- Cert CII qualified preferred but not essential.
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job