Date Posted28 June, 2022
Do you have 5 years’ experience in Procurement?
Are you an excellent communicator?
Do you have strong commercial awareness?
You will be joining one of Irelands leading renewable energy companies. The Procurement Specialist will be a key member of the Legal team providing expert procurement advice, support, and guidance.
This is a challenging and exciting role, looking for a confident and pro-active self-starter who thrives on working in a fast-paced business environment. If you feel this is the next step for you, please read below;
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 11 statutory
- Career Progression
- Performance bonus up to 10% of Salary
- Health cash plan
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays
- Gym Membership
- Car parking
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead role on all aspects of procurement compliance, policy and process and embedding procurement compliance and governance across the company.
- Owning the businesses procurement policy; ensuring it is aligned to latest legislative requirements; maintaining the policy and identifying improvements; communicating and promoting awareness across the Group.
- Developing procurement processes, templates and tools; ensuring they are aligned and updated to latest legislative requirements and best practice guidelines; implementing and rolling them out across the company’s business functions; communicating and promoting awareness.
- Reviewing the procurement approvals process, identifying improvements to standardise, streamline and embed procurement governance across the business functions.
- Developing a procurement plan; identifying existing operational contracts and future strategic procurement requirements; implementing effective procurement planning to ensure continuous and compliant contract coverage.
- Developing a procurement risk register as part of the company’s Corporate Risk Register; identifying mitigating actions for procurement risk; supporting wider compliance and risk activities in relation to GDPR, H&S and IT security; auditing internal compliance with the procurement policy and processes.
- Developing and maintain a contract register for contracts with a value of up to £5m and supporting the maintenance of the material contracts register for contracts with a value in excess of £5m.
- Identifying procurement training needs across the business functions, distributed procurement champions and strategic project delivery teams; designing and delivering general procurement training and delivering training to evaluation panels on specific projects.
- Ensuring an effective level of support and guidance for business led procurements; providing expert procurement advice on procurement strategies including pre-tender market engagements; advising on format and substance of all tender documentation and vendor communications (e.g. contract notices, award notices, contract extensions, RFPs, RFTs, PQQs, and ITTs);
- Undertaking a leading role in delivering strategic procurement projects; delivering business objectives, ensuring procurement compliance and promoting procurement governance and best practice.
- Developing a procurement strategy; identifying new methods of processes; challenging the current way of work in terms of sourcing, supplier onboarding and contract/supplier management; implementing the company’s ESG objectives at supply chain level.
- Degree minimum 2:2 BA / BS.
- MCIPS or have attained at least CIPS level 4 diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement.
- In depth knowledge of Public Contracts Regulations AND/OR Utilities Contracts Regulations.
- Experience of using e-procurement and financial management systems.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret complex information making sound decisions or recommendations
- Confident and professional communicator
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Previous experience in a senior or supervisory role within procurement.
- Experience in developing procurement policies in an operational capacity.
- Experience in developing procurement strategies in an operational capacity.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job