LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted16 May, 2023
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Project Manager on behalf of a specialist in digital transformation to be based out of their Belfast office.
With a particular focus on Healthcare, our client has delivered dozens of projects for NHS Trusts and understands the challenges facing healthcare professionals and management teams in the current climate.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for all elements of the project delivery lifecycle for your own projects. Leading and managing, on a day-to-day basis, the delivery of business change projects with customers, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the required outcomes, including the appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues, and ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget. You will establish and build strong customer relationships that will facilitate successful management and influencing of senior stakeholders including project boards and steering groups.
- Planning, assessing and prioritising projects to be delivered, maintaining, and managing project plan/schedules to monitor overall progress.
- Coordinating activities and resources across multiple projects.
- Managing and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Initiating projects including development of PID’s, project plans, RAID logs and establishment and maintenance of strong project governance.
- Establishing and managing project scope of work to be delivered.
- Day-to-day management and administration of the projects to ensure smooth execution of the project lifecycle.
- Managing delivery expectations, highlighting key dependencies, blockers, potential pressure points and key milestones so that the project objectives of time, cost, quality, scope, and benefits are met.
- Managing all risks and issues, ensuring specific mitigation factors are put in place to address these.
- Effectively managing resources to ensure successful project completion on time and within budget.
- Controlling project budgets and allocating project spend as required.
- Managing project change through the use of effective change control methods.
- Owning all reporting responsibility to clients and internal stakeholders, reporting to senior project boards and steering groups.
- Coordinating and managing project suppliers and other third parties.
- Developing communication and training material and delivery of training to ensure effective change management for end users.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Management roles.
- Demonstrated experience of using project management methodologies such as Prince 2.
- Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong document writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within specified timeframes.
- Ability to motivate and guide change.
Excellent basic salary on offer and great reward package!!
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Nicky Strutt[email protected] 02895380604 See agents profile
Arrange a Callback
Get a call back from one of our agents for more information about this job
Share this job