Date Posted04 August, 2023
Abacus Group are pleased to be recruiting for a Project Manager on behalf of an advanced manufacturing firm to be based from the Derry/Londonderry office. Our client is going through significant growth over the next 3-5 years that will see them triple their headcount.
The successfully appointed candidate will play a key role in managing the process of transitioning new projects through the manufacturing phases. Working closely with engineering specialists, the automation team, and the mechanical build team they will define the plan and execute the transition of new projects from design through to final sign off and customer approval.
- Develop, facilitate, and drive the planned design and build of new machines, production lines and robotic cells to meet project timelines and customer expectations.
- Apply project management tools and team collaboration techniques appropriately to effectively manage the project through the lifecycle to successful delivery, delivering the outcomes as per the agreed project definition.
- Actively manage senior stakeholders throughout the project to ensure they are kept informed of progress and that inputs from their areas remain on track.
- Identify risks and issues against the plan and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively across all teams to manage expectations and ensure delivery remains on track.
- Work autonomously with support from the Automation Team Manager and other department leads as required.
- Work closely with and managing project leads on project delivery.
- Overarching financial element with project management to include budget control, budget exceptions & constant monitoring.
- Ability to delegate tasks to further projects to completion.
- 2+ years’ experience managing complex projects and implementation.
- Ability to orchestrate and prioritize multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Proven experience of customer focus.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Experience of Project Management tools (MS Project or equivalent).
- Engineering/Management background to understand all the different elements of the projects
Excellent basic salary on offer and great reward package!!
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Manufacturing and Production
Credit Controller 4 days WFH
07 September, 2023