Project Manager – 9 month contract
Salary£30000.00 - £32000.00
Date Posted12 April, 2021
Are you an experienced project manager with a strong background at managing a broad range of projects?
Do you have strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management experience?
Would you like to work for a small organisation for a period of 9 months?
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of an important organisation within Belfast City Centre. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
- To work with key stakeholders to improve the operation and presentation of the District Area.
- To develop, support, manage and execute project activities
With a ‘can do’ attitude, you will be able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and possess excellent communications skills. The successful candidate will work on a broad range of projects and contracts. You will be innovative, flexible, and adaptable in approach and duties.
- Identify challenges within the operation and work with key stakeholders to develop solutions and deliver tangible improvement.
- Oversee core contracts and projects within the Business Plan. Key aims include improve cleansing; challenge illegal activity; and work towards a ‘greener’ city centre.
- Develop, maintain, and grow strong relationships with external partners such as Belfast City Council, other relevant public sector bodies, and other private sector business organisations to deliver partnership projects.
- Encourage joined up working and coordinated action to challenge illegal activity in the City. (Partners may include NIHE, PSNI etc)
- Manage tendering processes, contract delivery, project evaluation and budgetary control for key projects. Liaise closely with funders, contractors, outsource partners and relevant statutory agencies to successfully delivery projects.
- Regular monitoring of the project area to identify and then report any issues to relevant partner. Following up to ensure issues are dressed in a timely manner.
- Service and advise the working group
- Represent the business on relevant committees and steering groups.
- Innovation approach to project delivery
- PR – work with the PR agency to promote the work of the organisation.
- As well as the above, you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the Line Manager and Board.
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant third level qualification or at least 3 years’ experience in a project management role with a proven track record of success in achieving objectives.
- Demonstrable experience managing a budget to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience working with a wider team.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of partner organisations and stakeholders to deliver business plan objectives.
- Demonstrable experience working in an organisation which is accountable to a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery, contract procurement, management, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, proof reading and collating complex information into reports.
- Excellent IT skills with specific experience of working with databases and MS office applications including MS Outlook.
- Highly organised with excellent time and project management skills, and with the ability to prioritise a wide range of competing demands.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to give presentations to a diverse range of audiences.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Science Technical Analyst
£30000.00 - £35000.00
10 May, 2021
£25000.00 - £30000.00
10 May, 2021
Senior Administrator/ Personal Assistant
£28000.00 - £30000.00
04 May, 2021
Inbound Sales Executive
£18000.00 - £19000.00
28 April, 2021
£18000.00 - £19000.00
22 April, 2021