Salary£19000 - £20500
Date Posted10 June, 2021
Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning their insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they’ve earned a place at the forefront of the industry. Their lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for the support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, they find innovative new ways to deliver the services and maintain reputation for excellence, in all that they do.
The HR team provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic HR business advice at the business partner level and quality support services in the full range of HR functions through specialist teams such as learning & development, resourcing, reward, employee relations advice, payroll, systems and HR administration.
This co-ordinator will provide administrative and client-facing support to the Graduate Recruitment and whilst located in Belfast, will be part of the team based in London.
Role and responsibilities
- Providing general operational and administrative support to the Graduate Recruitment in London.
- Dealing with day to day recruitment questions from prospective candidates, current trainees and partners as well as daily interaction with our Belfast administration team.
Support to the Graduate Recruitment Team (day to day):
- Proactively manage the running of our virtual/on site assessment centres for the main milkround period, acting as a point of contact for the students and assessors.
- Become an expert in the IT systems we use within graduate recruitment and act as a first point of contact for the London team.
- Work closely the diversity specialist located in London to manage the event schedule throughout the year.
- Support in sourcing speakers for events and designing the sessions.
- Own and develop relationships with universities, including small budgetary responsibility on behalf of the firm.
- Attend, and present at, virtual and on campus events, including law fairs, skills events and presentations.
- As and when required for programmes, responsible for researching, ordering and distributing all graduate branded merchandise.
- Screen online open day, vacation programme and training contract applications.
- Support with annual review of programmes and data collection.
- Proactively manage the running of our virtual assessment for the apprenticeship population.
- Provide one to one briefings for the students ahead of time.
- Work in partnership with the specialist overseeing this programme, to drive forward the marketing and attraction.
- Screen applications for the apprenticeship programme.
- Previous recruitment and/or HR administration experience within a busy department, ideally within a blue chip and/or professional service company
- Proven ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Be able to identify and evaluate problems and demonstrate the ability to approach and tackle problems effectively
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and/or HR systems. Experience of using PeopleSoft desirable but not essential
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages
- Positive, pro-active attitude and ability to cope under pressure
Who we are looking for
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Confident communicator, friendly and mature in approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Professional, with the ability to handle confidential information
- Team player
- Travel to London to support events and programmes as and when required
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Arrange a Callback
Get a call back from one of our agents for more information about this job
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
£20000 - £20000
08 June, 2021
Belfast, County Antrim
£30000 - £35000
01 June, 2021
Recruitment Administrator 12 month FTC
£20000 - £20000
25 May, 2021