Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 03/03/2020
Are you an experienced travel manager with a strong background in business travel?
Do you have excellent customer service skills within a fast paced professional environment?
Would you like to work with a leading global company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role to join a market leader as they wish to appoint an in-house travel manager. If interested call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The Regional Travel Manager will support the ongoing implementation project as well as provide best-in-class support to staff as they engage with the new travel program and be instrumental in helping to continue to improve the program as it matures. The business is modernizing its professional and business services functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to clients. One component of this transformation is the consolidation of 70+ local travel programs into a global, centralized travel program.
The Travel Services team is responsible for the successful implementation of a global travel program and a single global travel agency. Once implemented, they will be responsible for the ongoing operations and management of the company travel agency Partner:
- Coordinate, plan, and prepare the business offices in their respective regions for the transition to the new global travel program
- Work closely with the company selected travel agency to prepare each team of agents in their region to work with business travellers and travel arrangers
- Provide impeccable internal customer service to business travellers and travel arrangers as the internal point of contact for Travel Services in their respective regions
- Effectively and quickly intake, triage, and solve issues by engaging with the Firm’s selected travel agency operations team
- Provide basic support and resources regarding the Firm’s selected online travel booking tool
- Track, follow-up, and close all Travel Services issues raised by travellers and travel arrangers in their region, escalating when necessary
- Deliver regular and ad hoc travel reporting requirements within region
- Provide an “always open” service experience to key stakeholders around the globe, especially the risk and security team as it relates to managing the duty of care the Firm has for it’s People whilst they travel on Firm business
- Serve as subject matter experts regarding airlines and hotels in their respective region
- Support regional and global business reviews with the Firm’s selected travel agency
- Support Associate Director, Firm Travel Services on strategic directives and projects
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Business Travel Management experience and expertise
- Experience in a legal or professional services environment is highly desirable
- Impeccable customer service skills including proactivity, problem-solving, and empathy
- Excellent collaboration skills including accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders
- Experience managing and implementing travel programs and technology
- Affiliative, respectful, with strong presentation skills that influence with fact, reason and vision, be trustworthy, and dependable
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents and comfortable mediating between stakeholder needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility
- Relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Polished and professional presentation skills
- Highly driven and dedicated outlook which includes flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal business hours when required
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.