Risk & Compliance Director
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Salary£45000 - £50000
Date Posted10 October, 2023
Risk & Compliance Director
Abacus Careers are assisting our client, a financial services not for profit organisation, as they continue their unrivalled growth and are looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Director due to infrastructure investment who will report directly into the CEO.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader and manager of the Compliance Function within an organisation.
We are seeking a person who can demonstrate a record of career progression through various business and compliance functions within a complex business environment. You will be able to win the confidence and respect of the CEO, board members, industry professionals, external partners and stakeholders as well as their leadership and management of employees.
- £45,000 – £50,000 DOE
- 25 days + 11 stats
- 10 % pension
- Private Medical
- Management of risk infrastructure and framework, including Decision Time Risk Management Platform, risk registers, risk appetite statements and related Policies and Procedures.
- Identifying, assessing, reporting, monitoring, and managing all internal and external risks.
- Monitoring of all internal controls.
- Ensure risk exposure and incidents are effectively aggregated and reported, providing management with a comprehensive view of all risk exposure.
- Key relationship owner with internal and external audit function.
- Ensuring implementation and future development of the current risk management policy and strategy for risk management.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments across the firm including proposed new products and services.
- Embed a risk management culture within the organisation, providing support, education, and training to all employees.
- Developing and managing the Risk Management System, including Risk Register, Risk Management Policies and Procedures, and Risk Appetite Statement and reporting to the Board of Directors monthly on risks.
- Fostering and encouraging a culture of compliance.
- Advising the Board of Directors and Risk and Compliance Committee on new and impending statutory and regulatory requirements and the implications for the organisation.
- Monitoring the systems and controls in place to ensure all officers comply with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting compliance exception, breaches, near misses to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, or earlier if necessary.
- Responsible for updating the Compliance Policy and Compliance Plan at least on an annual basis.
- Providing independent challenge to the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Ensuring the Board, Senior Management Team and all staff are aware and advised on compliance issues to include legislation, regulations, relevant rules, standards, and recommendations to best practice.
- Proven track record of Leading teams at a senior level, while achieving performance and regulatory KPIs.
- Recommending and drafting proposed amendments to policies, guidelines, rules, and procedures to ensure compliance but with a member centric approach.
- Developing and annually reviewing Policies and Procedures and present to the Board for approval monthly.
- Functioning as a Data Protection Representative and being the point of contact for the Information Commissioners Office on all matters relating to Data Protection.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of all documentation, product terms, advertising, marketing materials and website information.
- Developing and managing the Compliance Monitoring Plan, considering forthcoming compliance issues and horizon scanning.
- Providing monthly Compliance Tracker Reports to the Board of Directors, advising on completed and upcoming compliance monitoring activities as required and in line with the Compliance Plan.
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of operational controls.
- Ensuring Operational Resilience meets the required standards to include preparation and testing of Business Continuity Plans.
- Assisting the Board of Directors and CEO in preparations for the Annual General Meeting.
- Reporting into and functioning as Secretary for the Risk and Compliance and IT Committees.
- Ensuring that complaints are managed in line with FCA rules and internal procedures.
- Maintaining an accurate breach register and ensuring all remedial work is completed.
- Maintaining and updating Conflicts of Interest and Connected Persons Registers
- Maintaining and updating the FCA Connect Directory.
- Ensuring records for persons holding regulatory Senior Manager Functions are maintained and correctly filed with the regulator.
- Submitting annual returns to ensure Equality Legislation and Common Reporting Standard regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensuring all aspects of regulatory reporting and returns are completed by the appropriate person.
- Ensuring the appropriate regulatory training has been undertaken by all employees annually.
- Undertaking any other appropriate duties as requested by the Board of Directors or the CEO.
- Demonstration of consistent career progression leading toward a minimum of five years’ full-time experience at Management or Director level, within the last five-year period, in management of a compliance function within an established organisation.
- A proven track record of having effectively managed a multi-diverse team.
- Will have held a position of Data Protection Officer.
- Developed and implemented a compliance strategy with input to a broader strategic plan.
- Ability to demonstrate experience within the development of a series of robust processes, procedures and policies regarding the safeguarding and management of the compliance function.
- Evidence of external stakeholder engagement including the preparation of reporting and compliance with regulatory frameworks.
- Liaison with external agencies and regulators.
- Responsibility for all compliance and regulatory policies and processes to include but not withstanding of Health and Safety, HR, GDPR, Financial, Operational and Legal Functions within the organisation.
- Evidence of having contributed to the delivery of an agreed corporate vision, business strategy and compliance strategy.
- Ownership and effective management of adherence to non-negotiable policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate your ability to undertake an organise a diverse workload, in tandem with market conditions.
- A successful track record of building productive internal and external relationships and working across organisational and external partner/stakeholder boundaries.
- Evidence of providing sound professional compliance advice and guidance to CEO and Board of Directors on technology and streamlining the management of the compliance function, while enabling a strong performance culture, which motivates and empowers the organisation to meet strategic objectives.
Nicky Strutt – for a confidential chat and full job description
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Banking and Finance
Client Audit & Compliance Senior Manager
Belfast, County Antrim
22 November, 2023