Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 11/02/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global professional services client as they seek to appoint a HR Administrator to join their growing team in Belfast.
Working alongside the HR Manager and the wider HR team, the successful candidate will be a strong administrator with an interest in developing professionally within a HR remit. You will need to be highly organised, with an eye for detail and have the confidence to communicate with employees, future employees and clients at all levels both in writing and on the telephone.
- Responsible for the on-boarding process of all trainees including background screening
- Co-ordination of the administration of trainee and newly qualified contracts
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the trainee, newly qualified and international trainee secondee inductions
- Assist with the organisation of various activities for future trainees whilst studying
- Organise and oversee the administration for trainee processes including seat planning, qualification, performance management and secondments twice a year
- Proactively lead on all trainee administration processes and workflows utilising technology to obtain efficiency whilst maintaining high service levels and delivering excellent customer service
- Oversee and drive bi-annual employee engagement and feedback surveys
- Manage the delivery of accurate and timely reporting of all HR activities
- Co-ordination of the workload in the Belfast office for trainee administration, including those on international secondment
- Work with the London Trainee team to oversee the Solicitors Regulation Authority admissions process and manage qualification leave for trainees due to qualify
- Act as a key point of contact for general HR queries from the trainees, including escalations if required
- Assist with general HR queries for all staff in the Belfast and London office
- Previous general HR administration experience within a busy department
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and/or HR systems essential, ideally within a professional service company
- Workflow experience desirable
- Exceptional customer skills
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Be able to identify and evaluate problems and demonstrate the ability to approach and tackle problems effectively
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages, particularly in Word and Excel
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.