Senior BD Assistant (12 Month FTC)
Salary£26000 - £30000
Date Posted15 August, 2022
Want to join a leading law firm in the heart of Belfast? The Senior BD Assistant will work with the BD team of the London Corporate practice, providing day-to-day support on a variety of marketing and business development projects. The incumbent will work closely with other business development and marketing team members and with other support areas such as Finance, Know-How, Document Production and Creative Services.
– The ability to add value to a task through experience, knowledge of the market and legal industry and their role.
– Proactive and autonomous as demonstrated through lower reliance on BD Manager direction/support and the continued high delivery of the required tasks.
– Collateral management – creating and updating brochures, contact cards and other marketing materials
– Support on events such as webinars, forums, training academies eg drafting and sharing invites, reminders, confirmations and event briefing packs
– Supporting the pitching process by working with the BD Executives to lead on first drafts
– Completing complex research tasks and regular Mergermarket searches.
– Taking a lead role in key projects and be partner facing in delivery of these.
– Passing on their knowledge and expertise to more junior members of the team and being a mentor.
– A good understanding of the firm’s aim, vision, strategy and how their role plays a part in supporting this.
This role will work closely with the Head of BD, Senior BD Manager, BD Managers and Assistant, the Marketing Services Manager and the wider Belfast Marketing team. Additionally, this role will work with Corporate fee earners and other support teams across the comapny network.
What you will do
– In conjunction with the Creative Services team, create other client facing materials including brochures, inserts and contact cards.
– Deal capture for London Corporate/London Employment, including publishing marketing descriptions to ensure pitches can be produced in a timely fashion and to ensure the UK practice continues to collate and submit deals to league tables in real time
– Supporting on key campaigns, such as M&A Insights, Cartel Report, with responsibility for creating the Vuture mailing, creating and reviewing EPiC lists and reporting on client engagement
– Management of content on website and blogs – adding/removing articles, updating contacts, accolades, quotes, brochures, drafting social media cards
– Update of intranet pages including creating and posting new stories and updating practice group content
– Collate information for and delivering first drafts of credentials statements, proposals (baseline documents for matter pitches, panel pitches).
– Use internal and external data to spot trends and opportunities in the market, and as required responding to ad-hoc research requests.
– Support on our content and profile raising activities, with a particular focus on internal and external communications.
– Support the BD team with BD and marketing initiatives and other inputs as required
What you will have
– At least two years’ experience working in professional services firm, preferably in a BD role
– Project management experience
– Graduate with an interest in further professional qualifications (CIM or business qualification)
– Research skills would be advantageous
– Strong time management skills, ability to multi task (especially urgent requests) and work well under pressure
– Excellent attention to detail
– Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done
– A hunger to learn and take on all tasks that will aid in the learning including keeping up to date with legal and commercial developments relevant to the product areas and sectors
– Good humoured, willing and a positive outlook
– Strong client focus
– Sophisticated communication skills and interpersonal skills
– Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Market Research Associate
£27000 - £29000
24 May, 2023
Marketing, Advertising and PR
Graphic Design & Digital Marketing Executive
£28000 - £32000
12 May, 2023