Location: County Antrim
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 08/01/2020
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly successful and well-known company in Belfast. Due to significant growth in recent years and expected continued growth, the company are seeking to employ a Senior Credit Analyst
£Attractive depending on experience and fantastic holidays!
Monday to Friday
- Implementation and enhancement of the business credit policy
- Responsible for the implementation of the business credit policy within agreed service delivery targets.
- Assessment of new business acquisitions and contract renewal of existing business within agreed workflows and criteria.
- Ensure accurate interpretation of financial information in the assessment of creditworthiness and measurement of risk.
- Review, evaluate and interpret complex financial statements by applying sound judgement and decision making.
- Identify and minimise risk by utilising due diligence and applying sound judgement to escalate issues when necessary and recommend opportunities for growth.
- Preparation and presentation of credit opinions to the business Credit Committee.
- Risk Monitoring and promotion of business growth
- Minimising risk through adherence to insurance policy criteria and monitoring of business procedures to ensure objectives are met.
- Assist with improvements in risk monitoring practices and strategies by providing feedback to management to implement best practice and maximise efficiencies.
- Contribute to the recording and measurement of risk to ensure accuracy and good practice through review and analysis of customer portfolios.
- Assisting with the application of credit insurance policy criteria across the customer database, including credit insurance limit applications and review of insurance claims.
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met and understood within the business.
- Research and obtain market intelligence in order to support business growth.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in analysing the impact of the marketplace and regulatory changes on the business, making informed risk decisions as a result of any developments.
- Team development and continuous improvement
- Support the highest level of team work, knowledge transfer and motivation through an appropriate combination of communication, learning and development of team members.
- Support the Debt & Credit Risk Manager to generally progress, chase and follow-up queries, exposure analysis and system/process enhancements.
- Mentor junior team members by managing projects and training initiatives, answering escalated questions and reviewing financial statement analysis to ensure efficient team performance and delivery.
- Contribute to assigned projects by assisting with audits and process improvements.
- Building Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, building support and business development networks.
- Communicating opportunities for continuous improvement and clarifying and explaining decisions to ensure understanding of business goals and objectives.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others, illustrating accountability, flexibility to the role and an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions is essential.
- Experience within an Accounts Receivable/Credit department, including proven experience with payment resolution and cash application.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.