Senior Director – Technical Operations
Date Posted12 October, 2020
A financial services organisation with ambitious growth plans are looking for a Senior Director – Technical Operations, focusing on attracting and developing talent, whilst staying hands-on to oversee the enterprise function.
The role will plan, design, and coordinate all operational activities of the TOps department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical 24x7x365 business operations.
This role is offering fully remote work, and expects the right candidate to be able to address Specifically, the individual’s primary responsibilities will be to address network operations, information and communication systems, help desk, disaster recovery/business continuity, enterprise/business systems, facilities and co-location management, vendor relations, and application support.
- 10+ years of architecting, implementing, and managing consumer-scale, geo-diverse, 24×7, SaaS-based infrastructure platforms.
- 10+ years building, scaling, and leading IT teams as a player-coach.
- 5+ years architecting and running large-scale VMware / vSAN environments.
- Strong experience architecting, implementing, and managing corporate IT teams and resources based on Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory) and Linux/open-source platforms.
- Deep knowledge of cloud best practices and capabilities (AWS/Azure preferred).
- A thorough appreciation of automation engineering and modern DevOps tooling, including configuration management (e.g., Ansible, Chef and Packer), scripting (e.g., Powershell, Bash and Python), containerisation (e.g., Docker and K8’s), and infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform and AWS CloudFormation).
- A significant appreciation for network design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting (Firewall/Switch/Router, Load Balancing, etc.).
- Experience with monitoring-and-control solutions (e.g., Elastic, Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, etc.).
- Solid hands-on experience and understanding of Active Directory and MS Exchange platforms.
- Experience working with Information Security teams in the delivery of enterprise security standards, policies, and tooling (e.g., AV, DLP, WAF, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Familiarity with ITIL based service operations surrounding Change, Incident, and Problem management.
Please apply now if this role matches your experience and expectations moving forward.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job