Senior Manager – Client On-Boarding (AML)
Date Posted28 October, 2020
Senior Manager – Client Onboarding
Abacus Careers are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Manager – Client On-boarding to join the Belfast offices of a Global law firm. Our client has been a leading name in providing global advice for several decades, many of their partners are market leaders in their practice area and they are widely renowned for providing a first-class level of service.
Although they have been established for decades, the firm also moves with times. They are often praised for their innovative approach to financial services, legal services and, with the use of highly advanced technology, are recognised as one of Europe’s most forward-thinking firms.
- Leading the day to day operational running of the Business Acceptance Unit processes and monitoring workload during the course of each day ensuring that the team are working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Leading on team related requirements, including but not limited to: performance management, career development, training, overtime and absence requests and ensuring appropriate global analyst coverage.
- Working with the Global Head of BAU to undertake a project to identify enhancements to the BAU’s conflict and matter opening processes with a view to ensuring that the process is as
- Assisting with the BAU aspects of major conflicts projects (e.g. group lateral hires, office openings, financial crises and wide-reaching conflicts checks) and other relevant work-streams.
- Leading BAU initiatives to progress the software and processes supporting the information barrier process.
- Existing senior level experience of the work and responsibilities of an established BAU Team.
- Substantial and detailed knowledge of ordinary course BAU systems and processes.
- Ability to analyse facts and scenarios thoroughly (and yet quickly) and proactively to put forward resolutions to problems.
- Top level task management and organisational skills and a proven ability to manage multiple tasks under time pressure.
- Strong communicator with a proven ability to motivate others and communicate positively and effectively with team members and with fee earners and support staff.
- Possessing a “can do” approach with an ability to solve problems and look beyond practical and logistical challenges by suggesting solutions and implementing them.
- Authority and credibility to lead people.
- Inspiring confidence and respect from fellow team members.
- Enthusiastic, positive-minded, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Interest in, and potential for, developing mentoring skills.
- Must have strong academic background minimum of a 2:1.
- International experience with a leading top tier firm is highly advantageous with a strong background in multi-jurisdictional transactions or dispute resolution.
- Experience in relation to Conflicts Management is essential.
- Experience in people management is essential.
Salary & Benefits:
As a market leading firm, the financial rewards and benefits package on offer will be amongst the best in the local market.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Holidays
- Contributory Pension Matched
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Health & wellbeing services
- Business Travel Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bike loans
- Translink aLink annual smart card
- Free Mortgage Advice
- Payroll Giving
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job