Senior Mechanical Estimator
Date Posted25 September, 2020
Are you an experienced mechanical estimator with a 3rd level qualification in Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline?
Do you have working knowledge of labour, plant, material and equipment rates?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with a fantastic business as they grow their existing team. If interested contact Alex on the details below.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will be an essential part of the Commercial Team responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate costings for projects.
Day-to-day estimating will include costing of a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke plantrooms, risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for generating detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
The candidate will also liaise with our contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department in order to generate a seamless link from initial costing through to design, installation and completion for each project
- Preparation of tender/enquiry review pack to help inform bid/no bid decisions.
- Ability to read & review schematics & designs prior to completing any take off.
- Complete mechanical take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
- Input take offs into mechanical estimating software package & review.
- Liaise with commercial team to analyse labour requirements for each project and pull together associated costs for review.
- Obtain & review specialist supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
- To attend site meetings alongside design engineers & contracts managers as required both pre & post contract award.
- Prepare handover pack & attend internal post award meetings for successful projects to discuss and review breakdown of estimate with delivery team
- Third level qualification in a Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role, on Mechanical projects from high-level budget enquiries; detailed design pricing; to full tender pricing.
- Knowledge of commercial conditions and the need for attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications – to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job