Senior Pensions Administrator
Date Posted13 November, 2020
Senior Pension Administrator – full remote working
A great opportunity for ambitious and experienced Pensions administrators keen to join a forward thinking growing firm on an initial 12 month contract.
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive Salary (depending on experience) with a competitive package including pension scheme and flexible benefits.
Monday – Friday 9-5pm
Full remote working
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Pensions Administrator on behalf of a leading Financial Services firm for an initial 12 month contract. Our client is one of the most ambitious providers on the Northern Ireland market and have a track record of investing in keen professionals with a goal of advancing their career within the industry. This role will likely appeal to those with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a pensions role.
What you will do:
- Providing effective support to management including acting as an interim team lead and managing the day-to-day activities of junior staff.
- Client relationship management; acting as first point of contact for members and providing technically accurate responses via telephone, email and letter.
- Handling complex queries and performing complex manual benefit calculations to provide compliant and consultative advice.
- Monitoring and delegating work-related tasks particularly from junior members of staff, including calculations, correspondence and reports.
- Assisting in the informal training and mentoring of junior staff including reviews and also the recruitment process if required.
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally to facilitate excellent working relationships
- Recognise and escalate potential problems.
- Previous pensions experience ideally 3 years
- Educated to a degree level (preferably maths/economics/finance) and have a strong mathematical background.
- Competent computer usage, especially Microsoft Excel
You will be customer and quality focused whilst being able to work well under pressure and effectively maintain accuracy in all that you do – especially in the processing of information. You should possess good time-management skills and demonstrate the ability to be flexible and prioritise your workload daily. This will require you to use your own initiative while also working as part of a wider team to consistently provide a first-class service to key clients.
Desirable: Previous experience of pension schemes particular DB & DC.
Please contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job