Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 01/07/2020
Senior Pension Administrator – Wokingham
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Pensions Administrator on behalf of a leading Financial Services firm in their Wokingham office. Our client is one of the most ambitious providers on the market and have a track record of investing in keen professionals with a goal of advancing their career within the industry. This role will likely appeal to those with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a pensions role.
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive Salary (depending on experience) with a competitive package including pension scheme and flexible
What you will do:
- Managing day-to-day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients’ requirements.
- Acting as a key member of the pensions administration team, providing support to the assigned administration manager and where applicable, deputising for administration manager when absent.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients, acting as first point of contact where applicable, taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of their assigned client portfolio.
- Project managing annual projects such as renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases.
- Preparing for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings.
- Handling complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Performing complex manual benefits calculations.
- Checking of work completed by more junior staff at associate and associate II levels, including calculations, correspondence, reports and data updates.
- Current experience in all aspects of Defined Contribution (DC) administration, including peer review, and you will ideally have experience of leading on client work.
- Previous pensions experience ideally 5 years
- Educated to a degree level (preferably maths/economics/finance) and have a strong mathematical background.
- Competent computer usage, especially Microsoft Excel
Please contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.