Senior Project Manager
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Date Posted16 October, 2023
Abacus Careers are delighted to be working with a leading renewable energy firm as they recruit a Senior Project Manager. My client supplies positive energy solutions and innovative technologies to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the island. They are on a mission to lead Ireland’s decarbonization efforts and are looking for individuals with positive energy who share their vision.
Reporting to the PMO Manager in the Technology & Innovation department, the successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated, results-driven, IT Professional with a proven track record in delivering IT projects / programmes of work to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing a portfolio of business-focused IT projects within the company. Their Technology & Innovation department currently has 30 live projects including key business improvements along with several refresh projects.
What They Offer:
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year Plus 11 Statutory Holidays
- Annual Cost Of Living Review
- A Personal Contract Bonus Of Up To 10% Of Your Salary
- Generous Pension
- Family-Friendly Policies, Including Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Wellbeing / L&D Calendars
- Membership in Sports And Social Clubs
- Subsidized Gym Membership
- Car Parking
- Cycle-to-work Scheme Options
- Career Progression With Great Opportunities And Year-Round Learning
- Health Cash Plan And Opportunity To Buy Extra Holidays
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Managing multiple project deliveries from initiation through to implementation and project closure.
Coordinating and managing third-party vendors against agreed work packages.
Representing projects and programmes in all governance, compliance, and regulatory forums.
Assessing and reporting the status of all projects transparently and accurately, keeping stakeholders informed.
Proactively identifying, resolving, and escalating project risks and issues as needed.
Planning staffing and resource allocation to maximize efficiency.
Meeting financial objectives, budgeting, and managing expenditures.
Understanding business objectives and aligning projects to achieve desired results.
Adapting and responding to changes both within and outside the project.
Predicting risk areas, designing mitigation/contingency strategies, and executing them.
Leading across a wide variety of project types.
Collaborating with internal customers to design functional enhancements and identify gaps.
Managing and reporting project costs.
Performing any other duties as required.
- Extensive experience in delivery IT programmes and projects at a senior level, with the ability to work on complex, multiple work streams or projects simultaneously.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience of RAID management.
- Experience of successfully delivering multiple projects or large multi-million pound / Euro programmes.
- Experience of preparing and submitting budget proposals, monitoring, and reporting of financial information.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers.
- Highly computer literate with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications and experience of Microsoft Project.
- PRINCE2 / PMP / Agile certification (or equivalent).
- Experience of Stakeholder management up to C-suite.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job