Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst
Date Posted23 October, 2020
Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst – Belfast
Abacus Careers are working with Northern Ireland’s next big success story when it comes to locally owned Financial Services. Our client is growing rapidly with offices already in Belfast, London and New York, if you are keen for your career to excel then this is the role for you. Our client has already built up a reputation for staff development, retention and innovation within their organisation.
Being a key member of the Belfast based Service Delivery Centre, working with Tier 1 Investment banking clients across exciting, regulatory driven initiatives.
Working on an initial Booking Model Controls project, performing gap analysis and risk assessments on how trades are booked on banking systems and where they are booked to ensure that bookings are accurate and free of errors
Assist in the scope, design and implementation of a robust first line control framework across multiple systems and products and identifying existing control improvements
Utilize data analysis skills to perform analysis on large volumes of project data, including trade data
Ensure that project documentation is of a high quality and consistently up to date
Engage with stakeholders and different teams across the program and bank, such as auditing, operations, front office, compliance etc.
Following this project, support dynamic teams working on a wide range of projects, e.g. Brexit Readiness, Regulatory Change, Client Onboarding or Operational Change
- A 2.1 degree obtained in a Finance, Legal or STEM subject
- 4-5 years’ experience of working investment banking projects in functions such as: controls, operational risk, front or middle office etc.
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst, PMO or Project Manager working on investment banking projects
- Strong experience in controls, particularly front office controls and knowledge of trading products
- Experience performing gap analysis and risk assessments
- Track record of communicating with stakeholders and multiple lines of business within an investment bank
- Experience in auditing would be desirable
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Advanced Excel (Macros, VLOOKUP, PivotTables) and PowerPoint
You can expect a market leading basic salary
Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and Pension Scheme.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job