Senior Transport Manager
Date Posted24 September, 2020
Are you an experienced senior transport manager within the FMCG industry?
Do you have excellent management skills including managing more than 100+ people?
Would you like to work for a leading local company with excellent remuneration?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a Top 100 business as they look to appoint a new Senior Transport Manager. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a market leader within their field having grown significantly over the past 10 years. They are a family run business with value and culture at the heart of everything they do. Holding customer service at the centre of their focus, they hold high standards across the business. They are committed to providing the best services to customers and clients alike, with a desire to continue to improve.
The jobholder will lead the Northern Ireland Transport function, giving direction and monitoring performance that assists the Transport Director in ensuring that operations work efficiently and effectively whilst providing a quality service to the customers and stores.
With two Transport Operations Managers reporting directly to this role, the successful candidate will improve efficiencies and drive the development of the logistic function throughout Northern Ireland.
- International CPC qualification.
- 5 years + Senior Transport Management experience in FMCG unionised environment.
- Experience of managing department of 150+ people
- Be flexible and respond positively and reliably to internal and external customer requests.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Must have experience of working in a Transport environment and full knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Must be an effective communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach.
- Knowledge in the use of Bluetree Telematics or Telematics in general
- Experience in driver infringements and how these are shared with the driver
- Chairing meetings as an investigating manager
- Working with service providers and updating site files daily/weekly.
- Compiling weekly KPI reports for Senior Managers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job