Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 07/09/2020
A leading US based Financial Services payment company are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their rapidly growing organisation. Offices are based in Derry/Londonderry but offer fully remote working. This role reports into the VP of Engineering.
The right candidate will be a highly motivated individual who can assist in establishing an Observability function, whilst playing a critical role in the design and development of the tooling, monitoring, control, self-service reporting, and analysis.
- Architecting and developing solutions and roadmaps for monitoring of various systems that constitute the operating environment and leveraging such telemetry in an IT setting for alert response and troubleshooting.
- Work with Architecture, Security, Development, Systems Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability scalability and reliability.
- Provide technical leadership and do technical hands-on scripting, tooling, automation for continuous operations.
- Detect incidents based on monitoring tools, notifications, and log files.
- Develop new and modify existing monitors as needed.
Qualification and Experience
- 5+ years in a Technical Call Centre, NOC, System or Support Engineering position.
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring development/deployment – ideally for mission-critical, 24×7 environments.
- Appreciation of monitoring fundamentals associated with SNMP, WMI, Synthetic Transaction Engines and experience with various commercial, open source and homegrown monitoring packages and methods (e.g., Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, OneSite, Gomez, CA, HP Openview, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of languages such as Powershell, Perl, or Python.
- Solid understanding of networking, including network devices, subnets, and routing protocols; ability to take and interpret packet captures (Ethereal, etc.).
- Solid understanding of systems, including server hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems, iSCSI/FC SAN/NAS/DAS storage, Hypervisor/Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Proficiency in AD/DNS/DHCP.
Please apply now if this role matches your current experience and expectations.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.