Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 03/03/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our large wholesale client with the recruitment of a Supply Chain Assistant to join their team in Belfast.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a experienced Supply Chain professional to join a leading business at an exciting time.
- Maintaining the Supplier Receiving Schedule to ensure that goods are booked into Ambient, Chill Frozen and BWS warehouses in accordance with stock holding requirements and to ensure supplier conformance standards are adhered to
- Providing support to the Re-Order Buyer team during busy periods, holiday/absence periods.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English & Maths at Grade C or above with 2 – 3 years` experience working in a similar role within the FMCG sector OR alternatively where an applicant has no formal qualifications, a minimum of 5 years` previous experience in a similar role would be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to Intermediate level or above.
- Working knowledge of inventory management, warehouse operations and stock replenishment.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Ability to organise self to achieve goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with customer queries and build strong working relationships cross functionally and suppliers.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and available to work outside normal working hours if required
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.