Date Posted02 September, 2020
A leading US based Financial Services payment company are looking for a Systems Architect to join their rapidly growing organisation. Offices are based in Derry/Londonderry but offer fully remote working, reporting into the VP of Engineering.
The Systems Architect will be responsible for network and systems architecture, design, administration, documentation, configuration, optimisation and troubleshooting across the organisation’s enterprise.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritise workload effective and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Provide leadership on all design and standards issues including analysis, development, implementation, as well as training and mentoring of technologies
- Evaluate, test, develop, and implement complex technical solutions to address a variety of business problems. This includes hardware, software, configurations standards, and creating solutions with a specific focus on driving business value.
- Responsible for supporting system and network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, compute, storage, and virtualisation assets.
- Manages highly visible/risky changes and ensures infrastructure is running efficiently. Acts as liaison to peers in Engineering, Architecture, Information Security, and Production Support.
- Works closely with Engineering and Security to stay abreast of upcoming related initiatives, as well as notifies these groups of re-occurring issues within the realm.
- Ensure the availability, performance, and operational integrity of the Systems and Network Engineering domain.
- Align systems solutions/technologies to complement and support business/strategic plans.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Cloud environments.
- Commitment to achieving 100% uptime.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience with enterprise-level system design and support.
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Linux, Active Directory, DNS, Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto Networks WAN/LAN Technologies.
- Bash/PowerShell/Perl/Python or other scripting.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data centre Hyper-V or VMWare virtualisation technologies.
- Significant experience managing iSCSI SAN/NAS based storage arrays.
- Knowledge of LAN, Routing, Switching, IP Networking, VPN technologies, DNS, VLANs, and Layer 2/3 protocols.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding role with full ownership of the Systems/Network Infrastructure, then please apply now.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job