Location: County Armagh
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 14/01/2020
Salary- Attractive Salary DOE
Who we are working with:
On behalf of our client, Abacus Careers would like to hear from experienced Accounts Specialists with an interest in Tax, who would like to work with one of the most successful global manufacturing firms based in Lurgan, Co. Armagh, N.Ireland
This company offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. A comprehensive Total Rewards package includes career development, and with Flexible options you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions.
- Ad-hoc project work as required in the area of UK Corporate tax
- Assist the Corporate Tax Manager to prepare quarterly analysis for potential CFC impact on UK group
- Assist with the preparation of internal tax advice to business partners and the implementation of tax projects.
- Assist with quarterly and annual processes for US reporting requirements Eg SOX and other US submissions
- Calculate current and deferred tax for inclusion in UK Statutory Accounts, and prepare tax disclosure notes using tax software;
- Develop a process for collection of data for ongoing R&D claims
- Identify and quantify permanent tax adjustments.
- Initial preparation of correspondence with HMRC
- Preparation of corporate tax returns for UK companies in the group
- Preparation of return to accrual analysis for inclusion in the US tax workbooks;
- Quarterly analysis and review of UK company trial balances for tax forecasting and calculation of quarterly instalment payments
- Responsibility for routine administration of the tax compliance process, including making all appropriate claims and elections within required time limits
- Review of fixed asset registers, CapEx and Revenue spend for possible tax savings and correct identification
- Support tax manager with tax audits
- Support the Corporate Tax Manager with employments and payroll tax reporting relating to PSAs, P11ds and stock compensation
- Work with all UK business sites to track the global mobility of employees visiting the UK and consider tax implications and reporting requirements of such
- Work with the Corporate Tax Manager; local finance teams and Global Business Service centre (“GBS”) to manage quarterly US tax workbooks and provide reporting for UK companies.
- 2-3 years of experience in tax relating to UK and Ireland;
- Ability to interface with accounting, and finance teams;
- Accountable and proven track record of achieving results even under tough conditions;
- Customer-focused and demonstrates business insight;
- Demonstrates strong self-awareness (i.e., manages ambiguity, instils trust, has interpersonal savvy);
- Effective communicator and collaborator;
- Experience of both corporate and employment tax is desirable
- Multinational tax reporting and/or experience of working in industry a plus;
- Organized, drives results and works independently to deadlines;
- Tax and / or accountancy qualification ACA, ACCA, CTA/ATT;
44 (0)28 90313157
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.