Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 12/09/2019
Are you an experienced staff manager within a professional services environment?
Do you possess a 3rd level qualification and strong communication skills?
Would you like to work for a global leader in their field with excellent career opportunities on offer?
We have a very exciting role with one of our most prestigious clients. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The Team Manager will lead a team providing a service to our clients, including Partners and office staff; monitor and manage the work volumes, and ensure the Service Level Agreement (SLA) is maintained and exceptional service is provided.
The Team Manager will supervise and line manage the team and contribute towards HR administrative tasks, the team’s performance, planning and management, employee morale, learning and professional development, as well as lead team meetings and provide necessary support to management.
- Adherence to SLA, monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Manage work tasks to ensure deadlines are met whilst providing exceptional service
- Collaborate and work closely with the Team Leads across the Centres to expand the service offering and deliver a positive and successful team
- Liaise with and support other Managers, internal stakeholders and other team members across the Centres
- Support Lean Six Sigma initiatives that continually improve the service, process and Management operations
- Manage and lead team meetings, prepare agenda and allocate actions to ensure team objectives are successfully achieved
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective and motivated team; encourage and inspire the team and positively influence morale; guide the team and lead by example
- Ensure effective communication across the team; flexing leadership style according to individual, task and situation
- Administer holiday, sick leave and other time-off requests, inclusive of internal approvals, record keeping and data entry in relevant systems
- Assist in the creation of team goals and assist team members in developing their own personal objectives
- Review, monitor progress and provide feedback regarding employee performance goals on an ongoing basis ; provide regular objective and constructive feedback with a view to motivating and enhancing performance
- Manage performance evaluations (mid-year and annual), inclusive of required liaison with relevant senior departmental and management personnel, inclusive of record keeping / data entry in relevant systems
- Identify skill gaps and training needs and address through a variety of learning interventions across the functions, working with the Learning and Development team to ensure the correct learning aid is utilized
- Work alongside local recruitment as and when required to review CVs, shortlist, conduct interviews and oversee on-boarding.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks that may arise specific to the role / service.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant undergraduate / post graduate qualification
- Supervisory or line management experience in a law firm or financial institution necessary
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills
- The capacity to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, prioritize workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and proactive approach
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.