Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 19/02/2020
Do you have at least 5 years container shipping experience at management level?
Do you have a proven track record of developing commercial activity?
Would you like to work for a rapidly growing successful business with excellent career opportunities?
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our global client with the recruitment of a Trade Development Manager to join their Belfast office.
Our client is a leader in their field, operating globally and seeing year on year company growth. As an integral part of a strong commercial team the successful candidate will work closely with the local General Manager and will play a key role in the commercial strategy of the company, while assisting in driving the Group’s commercial road map. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the Export Trades on a commercial basis, while maintaining an operational overview and ensuring adherence to the agreed pricing and inter modal strategy to achieve set Trade Budgets.
- Promote and maintain Sea Freight pricing policy in conjunction with Senior commercial
- management in Ireland / Head Office.
- Implement and communicate pricing directives to internal Sales personnel.
- Lead and motivate, institute and direct sales activity on a number of Trades lanes, maintaining responsibility for the quoting/rating strategy, customers service and reporting to the Sales Director / Head office Liner.
- Introduce and maintain recognisable reporting systems and follow up on procedures to maximise bookings and profitability.
- In conjunction with the Sales Director set realistic budgets with Head office and review regularly, including weekly liaison with overseas agents.
- Identify and monitor and target new accounts on specific Trades working closely with overseas commercial staff.
- Maximise Market Share by understanding competition (weaknesses and strengths) and the current/potential customer base.
- Provide reports, statistics and analysis to the Sales Director / Head Office on all Trade
- Work with internal Sales Team and Head Office to ensure sufficient time is dedicated to VIP accounts.
- Work closely with Export Managers and staff to ensure “end-to-end” co-operation within the Export Department and other support Departments of the Company.
- Promotion of active Sales and Target Account Program.
- Visit clients as and when needed to promote relationships and attract new businesses.
- Attend annual overseas Trade meetings organised by head office – interacting with overseas agents to better understand and develop the Trading relationship.
- Minimum of 5 years container shipping experience at management level
- Proven track record of developing commercial activity
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- High level of computer skills, with good working knowledge of current Microsoft applications
- Must be able to demonstrate a good track record in negotiating up to Board level
- Full clean driving license
- Good geographical awareness
- Good numeracy and mathematical ability and understanding of currency fluctuation adjustments
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.