Transport Operations Manager
Date Posted06 January, 2021
Are you an experienced senior transport manager ideally within the FMCG industry?
Do you have excellent management skills including managing more than 100+ people?
Would you like to work for a leading local company with excellent remuneration?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a top Irish business as they look to appoint a new Senior Transport Manager. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
Our client is a market leader within their field having grown significantly over the past 10 years. They are a family run business with value and culture at the heart of everything they do. Holding customer service at the centre of their focus, they hold high standards across the business. They are committed to providing the best services to customers and clients alike, with a desire to continue to improve.
The jobholder will lead the Transport function, giving direction and monitoring performance that assists the National Transport Manager in ensuring that operations work efficiently and effectively whilst providing a quality service to the customers and stores.
The Transport Operations Manager to join our award-winning Supply Chain function providing optimal transport solutions. Reporting to the National Transport Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with responsibility for operational planning, implementation and people management
- International CPC qualification.
- 5 years + Senior Transport Management experience in FMCG unionised environment.
- Experience of managing department of 150+ people
- Be flexible and respond positively and reliably to internal and external customer requests.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Must have experience of working in a Transport environment and full knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Must be an effective communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach.
- Experience in driver infringements and how these are shared with the driver
- Chairing meetings as an investigating manager
- Working with service providers and updating site files daily/weekly.
- Compiling weekly KPI reports for Senior Managers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job