Warehouse Operations Manager
Date Posted25 September, 2020
Are you an experienced warehouse / operations manager within a unionised FMCG environment?
Do you have excellent management skills including managing staff numbers of over 100?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with a Top 100 company. If interested please contact Alex on the details below.
This role will be a key support to the Senior Warehouse Manager to lead operations across the retail and wholesale operations ensuring that the department operates efficiently and effectively whilst providing a quality service to the customer and stores. The successful candidate will be a key member of the management team ensuring an efficient service level is maintained in line with the customer’s expectations.
The role will involve:
- Building and maintaining an effective depot management team which will work in conjunction with the warehouse operatives to deliver a best in class service to our retail partners operating to key targets and within budget.
- Managing the delivery of the depot`s targets and proactively assisting with the development and implementation of programs which will see the ongoing improvement of all depot standards.
- Production of daily/ weekly KPI’s and reports and the management of the achievement of depot’s KPI’s. Where appropriate implement timely corrective and improvement actions to achieve the Depot targets.
- Maintaining a safe working environment in line with health & safety as well as all other relevant legislative requirements.
- Playing a leadership role in maintaining and building on the Supply chain engagement framework to improve employee engagement and participation.
- Directing and motivating warehouse team on meeting operational goals in an environment where the customer satisfaction is critical and constantly strive for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that our CI approach to ways of working continues to embed in the Depot and that employee involvement and participation is actively encouraged and recognized.
- Active participation in relevant cross-functional and logistics network projects.
- At least 3 years operational management experience working in a unionised environment within the area of FMCG logistics/warehousing or manufacturing/production.
- Experience managing a warehouse operation of 100+ people
- At least 3 years’ experience managing and developing a team of 10+ direct reports
- Experience setting, maintaining and executing large FMCG warehouse budget
- Excellent people management and engagement skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with strong attention to details and a proven ability to manage budgets, overheads and payroll costs.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, MS Excel in particular and warehouse management systems.
- A relevant third level qualification e.g. Supply Chain or CI/Lean while not essential will be advantageous.
- Experience in lean manufacturing or CI as a way of working will be of distinct advantage
- Experience working with service providers and updating site files daily/weekly.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job