Salary£25000.00 - £27000.00
Date Posted18 March, 2021
Abacus Careers are working with a fantastic company on their search for an experienced Assistant Accountant a diverse client base across NI and ROI , this is a fantastic opportunity based in Dungannon Co.Tyrone for someone with excellent excel and reporting skills experience to join a company with an unrivalled reputation and a terrific team environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with accounts and IT experience who is looking for a fresh challenge and the opportunity to build their experience by joining our established accounts team to work in our fast-paced business with an immediate start.
Working closely with the Financial Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with preparation of monthly management accounts, ultimately to produce draft Management Accounts.
- Assistance with the monthly purchase ledger.
- Assistance with budget preparation.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assistance with the preparation of VAT returns for UK and Ireland.
- And other duties as they arise
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages (especially excel), with excellent attention to detail
- Self-disciplined and highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and reporting skills, the ability to work autonomously and as part of team-building relationships at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable approach, able to deal with a busy and unique environment, and able to cope with regular interruptions.
- Previous work experience in an Accounts/Finance role would be highly desirable.
Hours of Work:
- 3+ years Accounts Administration experience
- Be highly motivated and be capable of working on their own initiative and without supervision
- Have previous experience in MS office applications including Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent communication skills as demonstrated on their application form and at interview
- Exhibit excellent organisational skills and attention to detail along with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in discussing further, please apply immediately
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job