Commercial Management Accountant
Date Posted02 October, 2020
Abacus Careers are delighted to be representing a growing multi-million-pound business, seeking to appoint a Commercial Accountant to join a small team to help grow the business further whilst supporting the external accountant.
The role will report directly to the Director and play an integral role within the company. The successful candidate will have ownership of the finance function. You will be able to grow with the business and develop your area in line with the business objectives.
- Contribute to the on-going management and development of the company.
- Create weekly, monthly, and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Deliver strategic and financial planning advice.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Handling claims, disputes, and necessary legal action relating to these.
- Identify and implement best practice strategies.
- Implementing and maintaining the highest quality financial controls and reporting systems, ensuring continuous improvement, and a forward-thinking approach.
- Liaising with banking institutions and government agencies.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Manage daily business communications and production timelines with suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day operations.
- Monitor spending, recommending ways to reduce cost and increase profit.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Report to the Director with timely and accurate financial information.
- Review the structure of the finance function regularly, suggesting updates and improvements where necessary.
- Work closely with the Director on innovative business opportunities while providing relevant financial information.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Finance or Accounting role.
- Ideally with exposure to legal cases and disputes.
- Passion for business improvement.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relay information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to challenge the business and ensure that right decisions are being made.
- Results-driven and ensures tasks are delivered to deadlines.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job