Group Financial Controller
Salary£50000.00 - £60000.00
Date Posted11 February, 2021
Are you a technically astute chartered accountant with an eye for detail, flair for relationship building and panache for a bit of commercial exposure?
If so, one of Northern Ireland’s top 100 businesses are looking for you as their new Financial Controller. As key point of contact for technical accounting matters you’ll be a technically strong chartered accountant but you will be the key link between commercial finance, accounts and the wider executive board, meaning you’re the glue holding everything together in a strategically vital role to the company.
Key duties include:
- Prepare and present financial reports for Executive board
- Produce single and consolidated group accounts
- Lead on year-end statutory audit
- Key point of contact with external auditors
- Foster close relationships between finance and sales team
- Manage and review Group Risk Register
- Prepare Board Risk updates for Executive board
- Review and update financial policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate budgeting and forecasting processes
- Present 5 year strategic plan to Group
- Review potential M&A opportunities with Commercial team and Finance Director
- Review global transfer pricing policies
- Improve internal controls and team continuity through documentation of process notes
- Review weekly sales reporting, including variance metrics
- Margin Reporting
- Work closely with Head of FP&A supporting commercial team
Ideal candidate will be:
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Experienced in a multi-currency group structure
- A strong relationship builder capable of translating complex financial jargon into digestible leadership info
If this sounds like you then get in touch for a confidential chat!
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job