Location: County Tyrone
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 31/07/2020
The Abacus Group is currently assisting our Dungannon based client, as they seek to appoint a Health & Safety Officer to join their team at a very busy time.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Health and Safety Manager to ensure compliance on site. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to progress and become a part of the consistent growth the company is experiencing.
- Responsible for providing Support to the H&S Manager and for providing advice and guidance on a range of H&S issues taking action where necessary
- Assist in the production, development and monitoring of H&S policies and procedures across a multi-site organisation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and standards
- Carry out Health and Safety audits, inspections and investigations and reporting findings to the Health and Safety Manager and Site / Departmental Managers
- Carry out risk assessments and report the findings to relevant parties
- Organise and deliver meetings and training as required
- Deliver inductions and preliminary training for new staff / external contractors.
- Working with staff to develop, support, encourage and embed a positive culture towards excellence in all H&S matters
- Prepare and provide reports as required, and update the H&S Management system
- Ideally educated to degree level in any discipline
- Minimum requirement of a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience in an Operational Health and Safety role
- Experience working in the food manufacturing industry is desirable
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels in the business
- Full driving license and access to a car as you will be required to travel to other sites
- Positive and proactive professional approach to safety
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.