Junior Project Manager – Daily Rate
LocationBelfast, County Antrim
Salary£300 - £330
Date Posted19 May, 2023
Junior Project Manager
Our client is a small boutique consultancy firm that has been on a significant growth curve for several years and are continuing to expand with the addition of a junior project manager. They have a focus on healthcare and deliver expert insight and digital transformation that is helping to revolutionise the healthcare sector.
As a Junior Project Manager you will be responsible for all elements of the project delivery lifecycle for your own projects. Leading and managing, on a day-to-day basis, the delivery of business change projects with customers, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the required outcomes, including the appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues, and ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget. You will establish and build strong customer relationships that will facilitate successful management and influencing of senior stakeholders including project boards and steering groups.
- Planning, assessing and prioritising projects to be delivered, maintaining, and managing project plan/schedules to monitor overall progress.
- Coordinating activities and resources across multiple projects.
- Initiating projects including development of PID’s, project plans, RAID logs and establishment and maintenance of strong project governance.
- Establishing and managing project scope of work to be delivered.
- Managing delivery expectations, highlighting key dependencies, blockers, potential pressure points and key milestones so that the project objectives of time, cost, quality, scope, and benefits are met.
- Managing all risks and issues, ensuring specific mitigation factors are put in place to address these.
- Effectively managing resources to ensure successful project completion on time and within budget.
- Managing project change through the use of effective change control methods.
- Owning all reporting responsibility to clients and internal stakeholders, reporting to senior project boards and steering groups.
- Developing communication and training material and delivery of training to ensure effective change management for end users.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Management roles.
- Demonstrated experience of using project management methodologies such as Prince 2
- Strong document writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within specified timeframes.
- Ability to motivate and guide change.
- Daily rate contract role paying up to £330 per day
- You will need to work in Belfast a number of days per week
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Damian Farrell[email protected] 02895380600 See agents profile
Arrange a Callback
Get a call back from one of our agents for more information about this job
Share this job