Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 16/01/2020
Are you an experienced project manager within the legal or professional services industry?
Do you have strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to influence at the highest level?
Would you like to work for a leading global firm with excellent career opportunities on offer?
We have a very exciting role with one of the most prestigious professional services companies based in Belfast. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The Project Manager will play a key role in the Belfast firm to help increase revenue, improve profitability and provide exceptional client service on the Firm’s most complex matters through more effective LPM; accelerate the Firm’s ability to deliver tangible financial and non-financial benefits on selected key matters in conjunction with the client team; and develop, co-ordinate and implement consistent best practice across the Firm.
The Project Manager will also support those complex matters where scope is difficult to define, where management of the agreed commercial terms is critical and where there are a large number of practice areas, fee earners or jurisdictions involved; support client teams to better manage project scope and delivery, resulting in capturing out-of-scope revenue, minimizing write-offs, and improving overall matter efficiency.
- Scope and plan specific client-facing projects, as well as strategic internal projects that will ultimately have an impact on how we delivery legal services
- Manage client matters including:
- Liaising with the client and the Firm’s client / matter team, as well as the Firm’s specialist departments and offices worldwide
- Supporting the Principal/ Lead Associates in defining matter scope, track and manage changes
- Preparing project plans and Gantt charts to support the client matter team; report on status and track issues
- Monitoring costs and fees on an ongoing basis, tailoring financial reports to meet project needs
- Preparing client team and client status report and provide timely updates to client team partners on potential issues identified
- Supporting the post-matter review process for key matters and research practice area processes through discussions with fee earners and identify areas of improvement
- Roll out improvements and solutions through specific attorney coaching and training sessions
- Develop new legal service delivery models
- Encourage successful, client-centric, and ‘holistic’ adoption of new technologies
- Lead improvement projects for Services functions (see next section)
- Identify and propose to Associate Director of Service Delivery any future needs and improvements to the framework
- Work with the Leadership Team to define, enhance and integrate a single set of project management standards, processes, methodologies and tools to improve the efficiency of LPM
- Bachelor’s degree (law or business degree preferred)
- Experience in project management roles
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, or equivalent) desirable
- Experience working within law firms or other professional services firms (e.g. accounting, consulting)
- Knowledge of relevant IT packages: e.g. Document Management Systems, Project Extranets, Microsoft Project experience
- Previous experience of influencing or coaching within legal or professional services (e.g. accounting, consulting) environment desirable
- Previous experience of acting in a project executive/manager capacity on client facing, fee-earning legal projects preferred
- Outstanding communication skills. Demonstrated ability and desire to work collaboratively with senior-level professionals to help them succeed in meeting their business development objectives
- Ability to work independently. Willingness to work hands-on to achieve objectives in a relatively “flat” organizational structure
- Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in pulling, preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by attorneys and clients
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and financial systems and reports
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.