Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 19/08/2020
With a truly global presence, you will join an exciting team as the company continues to grow its Belfast operation. The PMO forms part of a local team that is passionate about their staff and sets their values at the heart of everything they do. Innovation and collaboration puts this global giant at the cutting edge in their market with a very local feel that means staff feel part of something that is exciting and rewarding, as well as adding value to the local community that it works within.
The department is a vital part of the overall machine as it provides support & training to the legal team to ensure they deliver projects on time at the highest standards possible.
- The purpose of this role is to help increase efficiency, provide exceptional client service and increase profitability on our most complex matters through effective legal project management.
- This position will accelerate the ability to deliver tangible financial and non-financial benefits on selected key matters (in conjunction with the legal team), and to develop, co-ordinate, and implement consistent best practice across our firm.
- Working closely with Senior Legal Project Managers and lead partners, the Legal Project Manager (LPM) will assist the efficient management of sophisticated client engagements, and will relieve busy lawyers of certain non-legal activities delegating to more junior members of the PMO as appropriate.
- The LPM will be closely aligned to the Litigation practice group, which includes work on Investigation, Arbitration, IP and Employment matters globally.
- The LPM will support those matters where management to the agreed commercial terms is critical, and where there are a large number of practice areas, fee earners or jurisdictions involved. Support will primarily be given by supporting client teams to better manage project scope and delivery, resulting in capturing out of scope revenue, minimising write-offs, and improving overall matter efficiency
- The LPM will help foster the integration of legal project management techniques into the culture of the firm and in specific client engagements through the utilisation of the firm’s technology, the deployment of firm resources, and by helping to engineer engagement plans that result in high value to the client, exceptional client service and high profitability for the firm.
- The LPM will be assisting with defining and implementing legal project management best practices throughout the firm through training and tool development.
The successful candidate will be hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, has a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. Advanced organisational skills, attention to detail and exemplary writing skills are key. The role will involve direct client contact therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing (to time and budget) workstreams within complex projects that are strategic and large in scope
- It is essential the incumbent is comfortable with financial management
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email, and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Degree level qualification; desirable to have project management certification (e.g. PRINCE2)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Extranets, with strong technical skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.