Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 05/08/2019
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly successful Utilities Company based in Antrim, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Billing Manager.
£Depending on Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximise revenues through the delivery of robust meter reading, billing, credit control and revenue protection operations, identifying and mitigating revenue risk
- Manage and support the Billing, Meter Reading, Credit Control and Revenue Protection teams, identifying development needs and delivering effective performance management
- Conduct value-add activities to manage operational expenditure whilst continuing to deliver industry-leading levels of customer service
- Develop a thorough knowledge of regulatory frameworks ensuring meter reading, billing and collections activities are carried out in line with regulatory licence conditions, developing and amending procedures to accommodate licence modifications as required
- Manage resolution of billing disputes, complaints and discrepancies, responding to escalated complaints within specified timeframes
- Identify and monitor KPIs, producing timely performance reports for senior management as required
- Ensure cash collection is optimised and aged debt targets are delivered
- Management of external contracts with service providers and contractors, including budget monitoring, procurement and contract preparation and negotiation
- Develop strategic partnerships across the energy management team, working closely with other internal departments to promote a culture of communication, continuous improvement and teamwork
- Represent energy at industry and stakeholder meetings, and court hearings when necessary
- Other activities as required by the Finance Director.
- A degree/third level qualification
- Highly computer literate, with excellent IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in a busy, high volume customer billing role at supervisory/management level
- Previous experience in setting and monitoring KPIs as well as managing and leading a team
Contact :Leon McHugh 44 (0)28 90995218 or email your CV to [email protected]
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.