Customer Service Team Lead
Date Posted10 November, 2020
The Abacus Group is delighted to be assisting our contact centre client as they seek to appoint a number of Team Leads for their growing customer service team.
The successful team leads will form part of a wider operational team, handling customer care and sales queries while managing, inspiring, motivating and supporting a team of advisors. This team will focus on the delivery of an exceptional customer experience by efficiently dealing with customer queries, resolving them first time. Acting as an ambassador, being the voice of the customer and the advisor, in continually developing the customer experience through challenging and improving working practices, management support and processes.
- Provide direction, leadership, inspiration and motivation to team members.
- Coach and mentor team members in the principles of providing excellent customer service and participate in the development and management of a call quality monitoring programme.
- Assist team members to resolve customer problems where their knowledge or confidence is lacking, so they may attain the skills and knowledge to handle such matters without aid.
- Lead by example, be approachable, and demonstrate a “can do” attitude, to develop a culture of working together to help them achieve the best results.
- Work to targets and manage own time, prioritising tasks to meet and exceed these targets.
- Undertake regular “one to ones” with direct reports; provide feedback on how they are performing and how they may improve performance and contribution.
- Set objectives for direct reports that are measurable and review progress as part of performance management / employee development programme.
- Manage attendance to exceed target of 95% and comply with absence management policy to ensure operation is not adversely impacted.
- Ensure colleagues are thoroughly briefed and trained prior to the introduction of new processes and products so they have the confidence to provide customers with accurate information.
- Hands-on experience of working in a contact centre environment is desirable, but experience of dealing with customers in other demanding environments (e.g. retail. leisure, etc) would also be applicable.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of managing a team of people who undertake customer service/sales.
- Excellent telephone manner and / or experience of dealing with customers face to face.
- Good listening and verbal communication skills.
- Projects confidence that people and performance issues will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
28 June, 2022
Sales Account Executive
23 June, 2022