Senior HR – Part Time
Date Posted11 November, 2020
The company was established over 3 decades ago and has become the market leader and largest UK manufacturer in their field. Their passionate beliefs in the company core values has seen the business grow naturally to be a leader of environmentally friendly energy efficiency solutions throughout the UK & Ireland. They have built up an enviable customer base which continues to grow due to the excellent quality of their products and exceptional customer service provided.
Our client has a long standing and award-winning team that put the company values at the heart of all business decisions made. From their innovation to their corporate social responsibility, our client looks to provide an exciting and rewarding culture that will help the business advance further and help achieve their plans to develop their product range and significantly grow the headcount.
This role will be integral to future growth of the organization by means of developing and delivering suitable people plans and driving positive company culture and as such the successful applicant will report directly to the Managing Director.
This is an exciting, newly created part-time role. As part of the senior management team, the HR Director will be responsible for the development of HR policies suitable for the organisation as it grows. Overseeing a team of 70 staff, you will enhance the existing HR frameworks to develop the current infrastructure and progress current policies. You will provide a high level of support to the senior management team which will include providing direction and advice to the critical business decisions that lie ahead.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate at a Senior level within the organization and provide direct support to the Executive Team.
- Develop and implement people plans in accordance with the strategic goals of the company.
- Develop a business partnering approach to help advise and train management
- Devise / refresh recruitment strategy and oversee implementation of procedural changes.
- Form an integral part of the short & medium term recruitment plans to help increase headcount. Involvement in the interview process for key senior hires.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in relation to relevant benchmarks. Develop a reward strategy in line with company goals.
- Oversee and provide guidance on all employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Take the lead on Learning & Development activities such as
- Help develop a management development programme for a motivated management group
- Help develop the implementation of the organisation’s core values
- Champion a training and performance review culture and ensure processes are fit for purposes and managed appropriately
- Continually assess and seek out value add improvements in all aspects of HR.
- Travel to other sites throughout the UK as required as the business is a multi-site operation
- 5 years + experience in a senior level role within HR
- CIPD qualified
- Proven track record of driving organisational development
- Strong stakeholder management skills to include both internal & external relationships
- Extensive experience in managing and delivering recruitment campaigns
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Ability to think creatively and champion modern and alternative ideas and approaches
- Able to demonstrate a level of commercial acumen which will help with decision to develop the business further.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Employment Law
- Chartered member of CIPD
- Experience in managing cultural change
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job