Social Media Executive
Salary£25000.00 - £27000.00
Date Posted10 March, 2021
Are you a social media specialist with a degree in a related marketing subject?
Do you have the ability to manage social media channels effectively including paid content?
Would you like to work for a leading global business who can offer fantastic career opportunities?
We have a very exciting role with a global company as they look to grow their marketing function in Belfast. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email [email protected]
The Social Media Executive is a member of the Digital & Marketing Technology team operating from the company Shared Support Services Centre in Belfast. The role holder’s main purpose is to support the brand and reputation by managing the global social media channels, creating organic and paid content, monitoring and analysing activity, and providing advice, training and support to partners and employees.
The team is also responsible for the technologies that support core marketing processes, including but not limited to experience collection, contact management, pitching and opportunity management, CV management, events, client segmentation and marketing analytics. These two broad areas of marketing technology activity support each other and overlap, helping to provide a 360° view of our interactions with a client.
The team is based in Belfast and London, and is part of the global marketing, business development and communications function.
Content and calendar
- Leads on all social media activities, crafting dynamic and engaging, keyword rich content that cuts through above the noise, relevant to the business activity and which capitalises on the news agenda
- Manages the global social media calendar for Twitter and LinkedIn, scheduling in content from around the network so there is an appropriate mix of content, posted at the right time
- Works with the digital team on the publication of content on the website
- Works with the creative services team to source and create suitable images for social media
- Identifies opportunities to repurpose and re-tweet content
- Takes responsibility for all aspects of PPC performance from targeting, bid strategy, content, performance optimisation and on site conversion
- Sets up and optimises paid social campaigns (Twitter and LinkedIn), particularly sponsored ads and messages, conversation ads and InMail
- Maintains the Twitter and LinkedIn channels, ensuring that the ‘about us’ sections are kept updated, as well as monitoring and maintaining any showcase pages
- Responsible for management of the YouTube channel and content
Analytics and data
- Audits and analyses general social media presence
- Use analytics to determine efficacy and areas for social media campaign improvement
- Helps to set achievable KPIs and measures for campaigns based on previous performance
- Generates and maintains benchmarking reports for engagement across different message and media types
- Monitors and develops reports on competitor activity within social media spaces
Training, advice and support
- Manages and maintains employee advocacy platform
- Works collaboratively with the wider marketing and communications team to advise on and support the delivery of campaigns, including developing social media strategies to deliver/promote campaign content
- Manages a training programme for partners and employees on how to set up their own accounts and use social media effectively for business networking and client research and development
- Creates and maintains written social media guidance for employee and company accounts, hosted on the intranet
- Degree-level qualification in communications, media relations or related field, or substantial equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an agency or fast-paced business environment
- Excellent ability to write in English, translating complex material into easy to read promotional copy
- Essential and proven previous experience managing social media as part of an integrated marketing approach
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of PPC, Display and Social
- Proven experience working with social media monitoring and analytical tools
- Ability to keep calm under pressure with the capability to juggle tasks to meet short deadlines
- Experience of editing images, video and other digital content for web
- Good interpersonal skills, able to confidently interact with all levels and across cultures
- Very high attention to detail
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job