< back to search results
Liability Claims Handler
Salary£25000.00 - £30000.00
Date Posted13 April, 2021
Liability Claims Handler – Belfast
- Abacus Professional Recruitment are exclusively working with a National Loss adjusting firm who are seeking to add to their growing team. Our client is focused on putting their people first and can proudly boast 100% retention of staff over the past 4 years.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical quality and service delivery.
- Obtain high quality evidence by investigation, utilising the field force as appropriate, in a timely manner (supported where required by photographs, witness statements and other appropriate evidence) to be able to properly conclude a on civil liability, indemnity and quantum issues as appropriate in compliance with prevailing client requirements.
- Instruct the internal field force to investigate claims as appropriate.
- Escalate claims or issues, either outside license or as required by company procedures.
- Fully, accurately, and properly utilise and complete IT claims management systems, including a Case Plan where appropriate.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all relevant parties by the most effective and expeditious means, prioritising the use of telephone contact, ensuring that claims are proactively managed.
- Minimum 2 years claims handling experience of EL/PL claims for corporate or commercial clients.
- Cert CILA/Cert CII/APA qualified or willing to work towards.
- Experience of the Injuries Board process would be advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of EL/PL related technical and regulatory issues and knowledge of personal injury.
- Excellent communicator with sound case management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, adhering to strict deadlines and service standards.
- High degree of IT literacy / competency.
- Excellent customer service skills/best practice
- Excellent organisational skills
- Competitive salary, contributory pension, death in service and performance related bonus.
- Nicky Strutt
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job
Other Jobs you may like
Insurance Advisor – Fully Remote
Belfast, County Antrim
21 March, 2023
Trainee Commercial Account Handler
Belfast, County Antrim
15 March, 2023
Personal Lines Advisor – Newry
28 February, 2023