Senior Commercial Account Handler
Date Posted20 January, 2021
Senior Commercial Account Handler – Belfast
A fantastic opportunity for an individual with the experience to work within a well-established brokerage in Belfast renowned for their rapid growth with incredible financial backing where they tailor each policy to individual needs making them to “go-to” for individuals and businesses alike”.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable depending on experience/ qualifications/ Great benefit package including Pension/ travel schemes and Bonus
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Commercial Account Handler on behalf of a client that places a strong emphasis on building strong, long-lasting relationships with their clients across numerous industry sectors. With rapid growth over the past several years, they have built up the highest professional standards of customer care, service and client retention.
What you will do
- Liaising with clients directly in the broking, processing and daily administration of new business, mid-term alterations and renewals.
- Working with business strategy and support the development plans for retention and growth of income.
- Negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for client at the best price.
- Ensure clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases. This involves preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- Work closely with Senior Brokers and Account Executive on new business cases and renewals.
- Maintain relationships with key partners in the market through meetings and providing feedback and updates to the team.
- Provide less experienced staff with support (i.e. technical and underwriting expertise) as and when required.
- Liaise with Claims Department to gather information on clients claim history and impact this will have on future business.
- To succeed in this environment, it is essential that you have a minimum of 5 years previous commercial insurance experience
- You will need to have 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Qualified to Cert CII (desirable not essential)
- Experience with Open GI (desirable but not essential) and strong computer skills with a working knowledge of computerised insurance systems.
Please contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Share this job